Thursday, December 14, 2006

Losing a person

I don't know if any of you watched "The Biggest Loser". I don't usually watch it, but the hype about it on the Today show yesterday was enough for me to DVR it last night. They kept on and on about how people would not believe the weight loss that had occurred. So, last night after we got home from church, bathed Nora and put her to bed, Matthew and I plopped down on the couch to watch the amazing weight loss...and it was AMAZING!

Since I am not a regular of the show, I do not know exactly how much time passed from the beginning to the end, I think 11 or 12 months. But the winner of the 250,000 dollars lost 214 pounds (52.58% of his total body weight)!!!!!!! That's right, he lost a person! I was sitting there speechless! He did not even look like the same guy. Check out the before and after photos:


3 comments:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

wow. maybe I should start watching that show. its just a little inspiring! wow.

Heather said...

My hubby loves that show! It was absolutely amazing to see how many people lost over 40% of their own body weight. It makes me really embarassed that I can't even find the will power to lose 20 lbs! Of course, I was eating chocolate while I watched the show. You'd think something would sink in. Hmm...

Ashley said...

That's amazing! It makes me want to watch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails