Saturday, July 07, 2007

Our trip in photos (part 2)

We all arrived home last night! Nora and I drove up at 4:45 and Matthew got home at 8:30. It was so nice to all be home and in our own beds! We celebrated this morning with a pancake breakfast and some family time. Right now, Matthew is mowing the lawn (apparently it rained here every day that we were gone), Nora is napping, and I should be doing laundry and cleaning. Here are some pictures from our time in Texas:
Our Fourth of July fun:
Watching the neighborhood parade. It wasn't so much a parade as it was a tribute to Corvettes. Almost every "float" in the parade was a Corvette. The grown men really enjoyed it!
The weather was beautiful on the 4th! We celebrated by going swimming. Nora had a blast in her red/white/blue swimsuit...thanks Gram!
That evening, several of us went to a concert in the Botanic Gardens. It was great! There were so many people there!!!!! An orchestra played patriotic songs and then the Texas Girls Choir sang. As you can see from the picture below, the place was packed! The only downside of the evening was the water logged ground. Our feet were MUDDY by the time we made it back to our cars!
Nora and I watching the fireworks...they were so pretty and LOUD. I don't know if you can tell by Nora's face, but she is exhausted!
Other fun on our trip:
Julie and Bailey came over one day to play. We were all going to play at the pool, but well, you know, the rain got in the way. They seemed to have a good time together but you couldn't go too far from them because these two are quick on their feet!
My cousin, Danita, brought her 6 week old baby over so she could go shopping for a few hours and Bailey and Nora discovered his car seat. Hmmmm...looks familiar!
The best "toy" in the house...the stairs! It was a race to the top and Nora barely edged out a victory!

I have been keeping up with Suzanne's blog and since I was in Fort Worth, I wanted to go and see the lovely lady for myself. Marty and Suzanne were at Harding together for a little while so I knew Marty would want to go too. She is beautiful!!!! Marty and I could not stop talking about how great she looked and what good spirits she was in. It was so good to meet you Suzanne!

It was a fantastic trip! Thanks mom for everything!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

gosh! that gal in the orange shirt is absolutely GORGEOUS! what beautiful skin! hahaha! you guys totally brightened my day/week/month...it was SO good to meet you, dallas, and see marty again! glad you made it home safely and had a good time while in texas!!

Julie said...

Glad to see y'all made it home safely. I know your are happy to be back with Matthew and have your family together. I am so glad the kids got to play together while you were in Ft. Worth!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

so cute!!! glad you had fun!

Ashley said...

Looks like you had a fab time! I know your mom loved helping with Nora. It's hard getting spoiled like that. How fun that you went to visit Suzanne. I keep up with her blog, too, thanks to you. Lately I've felt the baby kick and tried to imagine what four babies kicking would feel like! Can't wait till Nash in a few weeks! Check out my blog...I finally updated it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails