Monday, September 24, 2007

SURPRISE, my "baby" girl, and my big ol' feet

My friends from church had a surprise baby shower for me on Saturday! It was great! I was so overwhelmed that I started crying. I don't have any of the pictures yet, but will post some (assuming I don't look like I weigh 600 pounds :) ) when I do get them.


My friends were very generous and I walked away with over 800 diapers, a TON of wipes, plenty of baby bath soap and lotion, some nice gift cards, and some other fun goodies. Nora even made out good...she got some cute new clothes from Kristy Brown because Kristy just couldn't bear to shop for generic clothes. I am so lucky to have such amazing friends!

------------------------------------------------
My "baby" girl is no longer about to be my baby. That is so sad to me! I know that it is just a part of life and she will be just FINE when this baby arrives, but I find myself these past few days putting down the broom, not worrying if dinner is "on time", and letting the toys stay scattered on the floor for longer than normal, just because I am trying to enjoy this one-on-one time we have.


She is being such a girl lately too! I honestly don't know where she picked this up because it is not something I have "taught" her...it's amazing how she knows what girls are supposed to do! Her new favorite things to do are play with her baby dolls, push them around in her new baby doll stroller, wear necklaces (a ton of them!), put bows in her hair (well, I guess this one is my fault because I have stuck one in her hair since she was a day old), and pretend to do her hair and put on makeup. She still doesn't mind getting dirty and rolling around in the grass though...we are very thankful for that! Here are some pictures of her:


--------------------------------------------------
I went to my final doctors appointment today! YEA! He actually checked me...it was a miracle (see previous post if you are not up to date on this)! Things are progressing but nothing will probably happen in the next 7 days. So, next Monday at noon we will be meeting our new baby! We are excited and anxious. I am ready to stop being so uncomfortable and for my feet to return to their normal size. Below is a picture of my enormous feet. I did not experience this swelling with Nora and it is NO FUN! I have one pair of shoes that I can wear (they are flip flops).

Also, my hands have been numb for the past few weeks. Not fun either. My doctor told me something about extra fluid pressing on some nerves...I don't know, I just hope they go back to normal when I am no longer "with child".
----------------------------------------------------
So, the countdown has begun! If anything happens between now and next Monday, I will let you all know...but don't count on it.


What do you think we're having? I have polled most of my friends around here and the majority thinks girl. I don't know why...but they have a 50/50 chance. My family is convinced that it is a boy and have told me they will be super shocked if it is not. Again, I don't know why. Everyone will find out in just a few days!

14 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm going with boy. Man, your feet are swollen! Mine haven't swollen at all with either pregnancy. Funny about Nora's girly habits. Ranger's favorite thing is to push cars around on the ground and go "Vroom Vroom!" I swear no one taught him that. Isn't it amazing how God instills their characteristics in them? I am 1 1/2 cm and 50% but they are giving me until the 10th to have it before they schedule my CS. I'm hoping it will come a few days after yours...I want a little more time! I'm looking at your site every day, girl, so keep us posted

Amy said...

I hurt for you looking at those feet. My feet were really swollen at the end when I was pregnant with Luke, and that was in January. Can't imagine how swollen I would have been in summer heat. I had horrible heartburn too. At least the end is in sight.

Jenn said...

At least your toenails look pretty!! Your "baby" girl is going to be a big sister, next week...the countdown has begun, is your head spinning, yet? Kristy is so sweet to get Nora some clothes, it's always nice to shop for some little girl things when you are the mother of boys!! I think you are ready girl, we can't wait to see pics of Nora and her newest sibling!

Kristen OQ said...

My feet and hands swelled like that with Sam (not Seth) and it is miserable. I remember I could push on the skin on my feet and it would hold the indention of my finger! Good news, by the time I left the hospital, they were already down in size considerably.

I am guessing boy too, but no real reason why! Guess we will see on Monday!!!

amy said...

Boy.

I had those swollen feet, too, and have a similar picture in Sadie's baby book! I had one pair of flip flops that stretched to fit my feet and I wore them every single day. I am sure it was a true fashion statement. HA. But my swelling went away IMMEDIATELY after Sadie was born. I thope the same happens for you!

Amy

Sara said...

I'm guessing another girl!

Love the pics of Nora in her jewels. She is adorable.

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I am guessing a boy is about to be in your house. We are excited to find out!
I remember feeling emotional before each baby arrived! I would spend time with the other girls in the days leading up to the birth and soak up those moments with them before the new one came.
Also, my hands fell asleep a lot with Emerson. I was worried about the "feeling" coming back. It took about 1-2 months after she was born, but everything returned to normal.
Have a great last week. We look forward to hearing the news!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!

I vote "boy", but only because I want my Nolan to have someone to room with at HU in 18 years! I went to the doctor today and things are looking good down under. She is still thinking we will go in on Wednesday, the 3rd to induce....I can't believe we are almost done with this baby train! I am getting so excited to see what the stork brings the Henderson house.

Love you and am praying for you, Leslie :)

Lane said...

I definitely think girl! I guess we'll see. Girl, I feel ya on the feet issue. I could only wear one pair of flip flops too! To this day, they are stretched out to the place that they permanently sat/dug on my feet.

Julie said...

I am going with the rest of our family and sticking with boy. I have my reasons, which I will not share...yet.

LOVED the pictures of Nora!

Heather said...

It's almost time for your baby!! I'm guessing boy.

Amy S. said...

I definitely think boy. Just from some of the things you have said on your blog - like this pregnancy is different than Nora's.
Sorry your feet are so swollen. That looks miserable! At least you have pretty toe nails, though!

Nicola said...

I think it's a girl...

Cute toes! I went for a pedicure on the day before my due-date and EVERYONE commented on them. Nurses should have something better to do than look at your toes. Good luck Dallas - I can't believe how quickly the time has passed!

Anonymous said...

Its official...you are the best blogger I know! I seriously ready your 100 things and this latest post and thought "I should do this". I guess that makes you my inspiration! Don't get too excited. It was just a thought. I'm not committed yet. But you've got me thinking...

Related Posts with Thumbnails