Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cleaning lamps

This is my first time to ever participate in "Works for me Wednesday". While I was cleaning my house today I thought "I have an idea" and it might be helpful to some of you out there.

We have several lamps in our house that have fabric lamp shades. They are HARD to clean. I am amazed at how much dust they collect. Obviously, I can't remove the fabric from the shades and clean them and I am not wealthy enough to just replace the shade when the dust is an inch thick. So......I use my lint roller. And it works pretty well.

That works for me! And maybe it will for you too.

post signature

6 comments:

April said...

Alright. You have two very young little girls and you actually have time to clean your lamp shades?! What am I doing wrong?! The lint roller is a great idea, but I am laughing just thinking about what else I might do if I had extra time on my hands! You are too funny, Dallas! :)

Whitney said...

You know, I use my lint roller for EVERYTHING! I go through them all the time! We have a cat, and it's great at picking up his hair off of anything, but I hadn't thought about using it for lamps- thanks for the idea!

Anonymous said...

Your mother must be coming to visit! What a great idea. I am 54 years old and never would have thought of that! Thank you for the hint . . . your mother will be proud of your very clean house!

Tesney said...

I just did the same thing for the first time this past week! I was doing a super-clean because the in-laws were coming to visit and hadn't dusted in...well, let's just say way too long! There was an inch of dust on my lampshades and the swiffer duster was just making it ball up and look worse so I pulled out the 'ol lint roller and viola! I will be using it from here on out!

Anonymous said...

Gonzo Pet Hair Lifter, this is a sponge that you can use on just about anything AND you can use it over and over again. It's perfect for cleaning lamp shades. Lint Rollers can become expensive!! I believe the Gonzo sponge is around $6 or $7......

Dallas said...

thanks anonymous! i'm going to look that up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails