Saturday, March 29, 2008

Yummy Easy Breakfast!

This morning, I made "Dutch Babies" for our breakfast. Yummy! And oh, so easy...seriously! The great thing about this recipe is that you probably have all of the ingredients in your kitchen.


Here is the recipe:
Preheat oven to 450 F
Melt 1/3 c. butter in a 13×9 pan
Mix for 60 seconds in a 5 cup blender:
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 t. salt
3 T. sugar
1 1/2 tsps vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
Pour into hot pan

Bake 20-25 minutes

After it comes out of the oven, sift some powdered sugar on top.

We ate 1/2 of it thing morning. It tastes a little like french toast. We put syrup on top, but you could put anything you want...applesauce, whipped cream, fruit.

This is what it looks like:

Enjoy!

post signature

6 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Okay, I don't know you. Just saw you on Mandy's comments so I came and lurked... I think we are long lost sisters! I am TOTALLY making those dutch babies and I have completely thought and done everything you listed on your list of things you said you would never do! I am glad that my two year old is in good company! You sound like a fun person and I just had to tell you so!

Nicola said...

Sounds like a good Sunday morning breakfast before church. I'll give it a try!

Danna Ramsey said...

We are so having that for supper. Although ... I may call it something else ... :-)

Heather said...

Okay, that sounds delicious. I have to try it. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Kristen OQ said...

I made it this morning -- it tasted just like Orginal Pancake House (one of my favorites) in Dallas. We put powdered sugar and squeezed lemons on the top just they way they fix it. It was delicious! Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

hey girl!

we made it for sunday "silly" supper night...they inhaled it! jonathan even called it a "christmas morning" breakfast!! you are such a rockstar cook....thanks for the great recipe. got your mom's easter card/letter. i loved every word of it! tell her thanks for keeping us on her list.

love you, leslie :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails