Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It feels right now

Here are some things I/we did while Nora was away:

*cleaned out the garage...a before and after picture would be great right now, sadly I don't have one. Let's just say, MASSIVE improvement!
*Matthew organized our files. FYI, in case you keep everything filed...and by "everything" I mean: bank statements, tax records, bill stubs, insurance claims, doctor receipts, contracts, loan info, and so forth...you only need to keep it for 3 years. After doing a search we discovered that most stuff can be thrown away if it's older than 3 years. Before you comment on the exceptions to the rule, I know, there are exceptions. That being said, Matthew filled up a big box with unnecessary documents. Our filing cabinets are very roomy right now.
*Cut out pattern and material to make a sundress
*Made two lasagnas and a batch of cookies
*Took Elyn to the doctor to get diagnosis/Rx for ear infection. The medicine is like poison to her.
*Shopped at Hobby Lobby with a quiet child...well, a non-talking child at least
*Ate out with husband and non-talking child. VERY enjoyable dinner
*Went to friends house and talked to other grown-ups without giving lessons to toddler about sharing and being sweet. I just had to make sure that Elyn didn't crawl too far from my sight.
*Slept until NINE TWENTY this morning!!!!!! I woke up and told Matthew I don't remember the last time I slept that late.
*Didn't eat lunch today. Might not seem like a big deal to you, but to me, it meant I did not have to prepare lunch for my 2-year-old. HUGE deal to me. And Elyn is easy, just pop open a jar of "turkey and rice dinner" for her and she is set.

So, in my opinion (and really, that's all that matters here), it was a productive two days.

That being said, I am so happy to have Nora back home. I really, really missed her.

Sure, life was much easier while she was gone. I didn't have to put anyone in "time out", didn't have to witness any meltdowns, when I was "fixing" Elyn's hair (aka...putting clip in to control craziness) she didn't scream and cry and tell me it hurt like her sister does, I didn't have to plan ahead what meals we were going to eat, I had WAY less to pick up each night, I only had one child to buckle into her carseat...the list could go on for a while longer.

Even though life was easier, I missed: her running down the hall first thing in the morning, shouting, "Mommy!" and throwing her body into my arms for her first hug, watching her be sweet and play with Elyn, hearing her singing to herself while she thinks no one is listening, watching her sit on her timeout rug and tell me she's "All bedduh" when she thinks it is time to get up, reading with her while we are both sitting cross-legged on the rug, watching her sleep at night with her hair covering her face and thinking, "Does that not bug her?", watching her hop EVERYWHERE she goes, hearing her say "Okay?", feeling her little head rest on my shoulder while I am holding her...and of course, this list could go on forever.

We are a family of four and when we are incomplete, it just doesn't feel right.

I'm so happy we are all together again. Complete.

post signature

6 comments:

Kim said...

So sweet. Did you mean Kennedy all of those times you described Nora? Sounds VERY familiar..
Those two could get in worlds of trouble together and have a great time doing it!
Glad your girl is back!

Whitney said...

Sounds like you got a lot done while Nora was away- good for you! But I'm glad she's back too! It's great when I go out and just run errands without Austin, but I always miss him so much by the time I get back!

Marty Rhea Hill said...

D, That is so sweet. I have the biggest smile on my face. Not because of the filing, but hearing all the things you missed about Nora. I MISS YOU!!!!!

Rachel said...

Sweet post...love our sweet baby (they will always be babies in our eyes) girls!!

Danna Ramsey said...

Perfectly put, Dallas.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

im always so behind. glad you were able to get so much done! I know you missed her though! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails