Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Making it official

Taking the lead from Tesney (not even going to link her up because she is a "secret keeper", so it would just be pointless), I am going to make it official.

I am planning on running the St. Jude's 1/2 marathon in December with Matthew.

There, it's out, now I feel like I have to do it or I am a big liar.

And I don't want to be known as a liar.

I am running 2.5 miles about 4 times a week right now and am going to start officially training in September (after I wean Elyn).

I have run 2 half-marathons in the past, before babies.

And because I added those two words to the end of the previous sentence, I am basically running my first 1/2 marathon again.

I am excited about the training. Also nervous.

Check back in December to see how I do.

My goal...to finish.


post signature

13 comments:

Marty Rhea Hill said...

I'm in.

Mrs. Hughes said...

Very impressive! This is really great! I know how much you enjoyed it before. I am glad you are going for it again. I should really jump on the bandwagon to give myself a goal!

Julie said...

of course you can do it! i ran my first 1/2 marathon AFTER i had bailey, so i know you can do it too! good luck with the training.

Sara said...

Good for you!! I'm eager to get back into shape and setting and publishing goals is a great way to do it!

Tesney said...

whoop whoop!!! see you there!

Kristen OQ said...

I am so impressed! Good luck as you get ready!

Danna Ramsey said...

Wow! I am so impressed with you. Really. You are going to do awesome!
Side note, my blogger thingy doesn't update you. Is that normal?

Kim said...

Dallas-that is so exciting! Jordan started training Monday for a mini-marathon in October! So, I know all of the work involved-good for you!

Ashley said...

Great job, D! I am going to start training this week for a race in December, as well. Can you believe you were one of the friends that talked me into running? You can do it!

Danielle Balentine said...

Good for you! I know you had talked about maybe doing that. It's good to make that commitment. Training in September. Man, I wish I could train with you, I would. Maybe in the future you can motivate me to do that, too. Way to go!

Laura Marchant said...

Good for you. I need to join your bandwagon!

Jenny said...

That's awesome!! My hubby ran it last year, and said it was a great run through a lot of pretty parks and neighborhoods. Good luck with your training!!!!
Jenny Parrott Box (I found your blog through Danna's blog, and I'm always way impressed with anyone who can run, so I just had to comment!)

Segadi Family said...

Go Dallas Go!! I ran two in between the kidos and I'm having a hard time getting back into running... how do you find time to train? You're a very determined person though... fix your eyes on the goal!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails