Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yum, yum, yum

Thought I would share a fantastic chocolate chip cookie recipe. It's super!

I got this from my friend, Dallas Heasley. She discovered these when she was pregnant with her last child, Sutton. She claims she gained "so much" weight by eating these all the time. Whatever, I think she probably gained 2 extra ounces. I, on the other hand, would have gained 200 extra pounds had I eaten these while pregnant.

Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 stick butter
1 pkg. vanilla pudding (although, you can use any flavor you like)
1 pkg. chocolate chips
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. baking soda

Cream together butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and eggs. Add vanilla. Stir in flour, pudding mix, and baking soda. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes on sheet and then remove to rack to finish cooling. Make approx. 3 dozen.

***Updated to add: Thanks to Whitney for her yummy cookie ideas! Check them out in the comments section.***

They are really delicious. I don't think you will be disappointed.

post signature

4 comments:

Whitney said...

This is my cookie recipe! I know it by heart! Yes, everyone loves them because they are so moist and fluffy- not hard and crunchy (it's the pudding!) They are also good with choc pudding and either choc chips or pb chips! Oh, and I always use milk choc chips rather than semi-sweet! It makes a difference!

Love the new blog too! :)

Kristen OQ said...

I love this cookie recipe too -- I got it from Whitney (although mine are never as good as hers). I remember her making these for us in Searcy Hall and Brooke, Jean, Karie, and I wouldn't get around to actually cooking them...the dough is incredible too!

Hope you enjoy them as much as I have over the years!

Mary Jo said...

Ok, I am sure those are more than delicious! However I will not be making them (unfortunately) because of our allergy issues...but if anyone wants to know this, you can use semisweet Sams choice ( and a few other brands) that have no dairy and then substitute geletin powder and 1/8 cup of hot water mixed together for your one egg.
Very yummy and you would never know they were different! I love baking!

The Mom behind the Chaos said...

I haven't made these in forever because of the Gluten free thing, but I think I need a treat!! Hope things are going great for you all! Seems like forever since we have been at church!! Happy cookie eating...oh they are also good with the little bitty M&M 's in them!! Or toffee bits...probably tastes good with the kitchen sink in there too!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails