Monday, September 29, 2008

Second tag

1. How many kids do you have? 2

2.What are their ages? Nora, 2 1/2 and Elyn, one on Wednesday

3.What time do you start your day? Nora usually comes to my bed around 7:15 and Elyn wakes up about 30 seconds later

4.What do you eat for breakfast? It varies...ALWAYS yogurt (Nora, drinkable yogurt and Elyn, YoBaby) and then we add to it. Some mornings, frozen pancakes or cereal. This morning Nora requested eggs, so I scrambled her some. Elyn usually gets a banana. I try and keep it simple...we are all still waking up.

5.Do your kids watch TV? Yep. And I bet yours do too. Nora didn't like TV until she was about 18 months old. Elyn hasn't developed a taste for it, but I have hope that she will enjoy it before too long. Nora is allowed to watch one show after her afternoon nap, usually Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, or Tigger and Pooh. And some days she watches a show in the mornings while I am getting ready. We break the rule on Saturdays and let her watch more...I mean, her daddy gets to watch loads of football on Saturdays so why shouldn't she get to watch a little bit more too. She's not really into movies, they require too much of a time commitment and her attention span isn't ready for it.


6.What are their favorite activities? Elyn's favorite activity is to follow me around and beg to be picked up. It's a fun game. She does love playing with her sister, but for short spurts. Nora loves to play in her room, with her kitchen and play food. She also enjoys reading books. They both love to play outside, especially in the sandbox.

7.Do you get a break during the day for some down time? Absolutely! For about two hours every afternoon while they are napping. I'm not as productive with that "down time" as I should be though. It's so tempting just to sit on the couch and watch a show I have DVRd instead of cleaning or doing laundry.

8. How do you end your day? The girls are in bed by 7:45 and, depending on the day, we will do school work, watch tv, check blogs, or read. We don't get in bed until about 11pm.

9. What is your best parenting advice? Enjoy the day and all parts of it. I don't get stressed if my house isn't perfect (although I do like it picked up) and I try to let Nora (and eventually Elyn) do things on her own. Let them explore, it's the only way they will learn.

Tag...anyone who wants to participate.

post signature

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I can't read about you loving the stage without being reminded of the encounter you had with Matthew right after you found out that you were one of the select few that got chosen for "Pied Pipers". Kevin and I still laugh about that. I bet Matthew would have been sweeter about it had he known you were going to bear his children :)

Whitney said...

I love Elyn's favorite game- super funny for mommy. :) Thanks for the advice!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails