Monday, March 16, 2009

There is nothing like the smell of vomit, first thing in the morning

Here I sit, at 7:07am, laptop balanced on my lap, in the bathroom. Elyn is splashing in the tub.

The poor girl has thrown up 3 times since 5:45am this morning.

I ask you, as a mom, is there a better way to be woken up? I think not (do you detect a hint of sarcasm? Just a touch?).

I am praying that she is done. Oh, please be done!!!!

I can't stand the smell. Especially when I smell like it too.

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Danna Ramsey said...

The only silver lining is that her hair isn't quite long enough to get "all matted up with vomit".

Does that help?

Okay, probably not.

Amy said...

Lovely. Luke had diarrhea in the bed the other night. Never woke up. I went to check on him before I went to bed and the smell nearly knocked me down. Thankfully my nurse husband was willing to clean it up. He gave him a sponge bath without Luke ever waking up.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

oh goodness! hang in there! i know the feeling! eeeewwww.

Melody said...

Try having to stay over an extra night in KC because you are the one throwing up and are too sick to travel back home. Thank you Mary for your quick hand and your wonderful stash of zip lock bags and to Jennifer who was willing to stay overnight with me and bring me home the next day.

I definitely feel for you. Caleb is still trying to fully get over this junk as well.

Kristen OQ said...

Oh Yuk! Hope the day has gotten better instead of worse. Thinking of you...

Rachel said...

Okay - your post made me gag =)! Hang in there - maybe it is a short bug??!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails