Friday, June 12, 2009

Home again

I have spent the better part of this week in Fort Worth. I left Monday afternoon and returned yesterday, late afternoon.

My grandmother was admitted to the ICU on Saturday with chest pains. After several tests and EKG's they determined that she has cardiomyothopy. Her doctor's assured my mom, aunt, and uncle that this is something that can be controlled by diet and medication.

She is still in the hospital (although not in the ICU any longer) because the doctors are having a difficult time regulating her heart rate. It is extremely fast. They are hoping that in the next few days they will find the right combo of meds to bring her heart rate down so that she can go home.

I am exhausted right now and happy to be back with my family. I spent two nights at the hospital with my grandmother so my mom could catch up on some much needed sleep. I was happy to do it and thankful that Matthew was home and could watch the girls without me having to worry about them.

Nora and Elyn were pretty much attached to me all night long. And I loved it!

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for my grandmother so far.

6 comments:

The Laird's said...

We will be praying for your grandmother and family, I know that is exhausting and emotionally hard. I stopped by the library today and picked up Firefly lane, can't wait to get started, thanks for the recomendations!

Holly Aytes said...

Glad she is doing better. We will be praying that the dr's get the right combo of drugs soon so she can go home.

Keisha said...

Glad you're back and that things seem to be looking up.

We need to set up a play date for our little ones...as soon as I get done with that crazy long esl academy that I oddly signed up for....

Danielle Balentine said...

Glad you got home safely. I really missed my gym partner. Hey, you mentioned letting me borrow some books last time I saw you. I think I would like some good reading. I'll take anything you are done reading right now if that's okay. Thanks!

April said...

We'll be praying for her, and your whole family, too. Hope you all get some much needed rest!

Kim said...

So sweet of you to go-glad she's gonna be alright. Happy you're back home safe!

Related Posts with Thumbnails