Friday, August 28, 2009

My sweet Elyn

I was in my bedroom tonight when in walks Elyn.

She is holding two dolls and looks very proud of herself.

I said, "Oh, Elyn...two babies!"
She looked at me and said, "No, two GIRLS". (Which actually sounded like "gools")

--------------------------
We got to babysit tonight for our little friend, Sydney. (It was a picture of our life a few years down the road...three girls.)
Sydney wasn't too excited to be hanging out with us. She was, in fact, HATING hanging out with us.
When my babies were little and they couldn't get it under control, I would put a pacifier in their mouths.
I LOVE that my girls took pacifiers.
Well, precious angel Sydney does not take a pacifier. (Which, in hindsight, seems like a fabulous idea too. I might lose my mind when we take away Elyn's.)
As she was LOUDLY CRYING in my ear I was racking my brain trying to figure out a way to calm her down. I looked at her and said, "Oh, Sydney, I'm sorry, I'm doing my best. If you were my baby, I would just put a paci in your mouth and hope that would work."
I continued to dance around the living room with Sydney when I looked down and saw Elyn coming toward me...
...with her paci.
She had overheard me talking to Sydney and went to her bedroom, got her paci out of her crib, brought it into the living room and tried to give it to Sydney to help her calm down.
That nearly made me cry because it was the sweetest gesture my almost 2-yr-old could have done.
-----------------------
I love Elyn!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails