Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Is your menu totally planned?

If you're looking for something sweet to add to your Thanksgiving menu, let me introduce you to this delicious recipe:

Pumpkin Crumb Cake

1 yellow cake mix
1 egg, beaten
1/4 lb. butter (1 stick)

Mix all of the above together and spread in a greased 9x13 pan, EXCEPT FOR ONE CUP OF THE CAKE MIX (reserve it for topping).

1 (15 oz.) can Libby's Pumpkin
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 pinches ginger
1 pinch cloves

Mix all together and pour over crust

1 cup reserved yellow cake mix
1/2 cup sugar
3 TBL. softened butter

Combine and crumble over top of filling

optional (which I chose NOT to do because I don't like nuts in my desserts...totally ruins them in my opinion): sprinkle chopped pecans or walnuts over the top

Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees

Delicious right out of the oven or warmed up later on.

This recipe was given to me by my friend, Leasha. It is SUPER!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails