Wednesday, February 17, 2010

it's that time of year again...

Well, I'm certainly not doing anything as crazy as giving up CHOCOLATE this lent season.

That's nuts.

However, I am jumping on the "lent bandwagon" again this year and giving something up.

And, once again, it's Facebook I am doing without.

Why oh why is Facebook such an addictive thing? I start out intending to just see my updates and post an update on myself and all of a sudden, it's 30 minutes later and I have gotten NOTHING done.

I am very prayerful that during this season I will increase in my relationship with God, my husband and my children. Facebook has become such an easy way for me to ignore all three.

So, there you have it...no Facebook social networking for this gal. I feel like I am going to miss out on so much. But really, am I?

No. Absolutely not. I have been missing out on so much by devoting my minutes to Facebook.

What about you, are you "giving up" anything?

1 comment:

Diane M said...

Hi there,
Enjoy your blog! I have a just turned 2-year-old daughter and I love to see what she is getting ready to do, thanks to your sweet girls. I thought you had mentioned your fondness for this so you can relate. I have given up Diet Coke for Lent! I'll make it until Easter, but I'll be driving thru Sonic to get one, that is for sure. Keep up the great posts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails