Thursday, February 18, 2010

Little valentines

I know, I know...last week was Valentine's week, why am I just now writing about it?

Valentine's day (week) took a bit of a backseat in my mind this year. I was busy planning for Nora's birthday party, getting ready for company and completing projects that Matthew all of a sudden decided we needed to tackle. It was busy.

I didn't even take a picture on the actual day of Valentine's. I'm pitiful.

Oh well, here are some pictures I took before the girls went to school one day:

Sweet (almost) 4-year-old:
Difficult 2-year-old...she is not making my life the easiest these days. Thankfully I have the memory of her sister at this age...I know it will pass and I'm not as worried about it. Poor Nora, being the oldest is hard most of the time!

Sweet sisters. Elyn did not want Nora touching her and Nora was just trying to get a cute pic.
I did have the girls make their valentine's this year though...way to pull through in that area, me! Nora did such a great job! She wrote the names of all the kids in her class on the front of the card (and you could REALLY read what it said) and she decorated around the name with stickers. On the inside of the card she wrote her name and we put this picture beside that:
Elyn's friends received similar cards except instead of the child's name, she "colored" (scribbled) and I wrote "To a friend" and instead of her writing her name on the inside, she "colored" (again, scribbled). We did put this picture on the inside:

I hope you all had a Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Marty Rhea Hill said...

Love the new monogram's.

Deborah said...

Love the homemade Valentine idea. I bet those were so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails