Monday, March 29, 2010

"sister baby"

Elyn has made my life very interesting recently. Because of this little girl I have had to do quite a bit of denying/explaining.

It all started two weeks ago when her teacher at MDO came up to me and said, "I don't want you to think I'm being offensive, but are you expecting a baby?" I immediately looked down at the uber stylish t-shirt I was wearing to see how un-figure flattering it really was.

"Um, no", I stammered. The sweet MDO teacher nervously laughs and explains that Elyn has shared with the entire class that I have a "sister baby" in my tummy.

WHAT???????

I went home that night and had a good laugh with Matthew over that story. He asked her about having a "brother baby" and she didn't seem very agreeable to that. Hmmmmm....

Fast forward to yesterday. I was on my way to pick up my little darling from Bible class when a friend stopped me and said, "I know your secret!"

What secret? I don't have a secret. Wait, do I have a secret? Did I forget about it?

She tells me that Elyn has been telling everyone about the baby in my belly. The "sister baby" in my belly.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Thankfully another friend went to another source....Nora. She asked her if I had a baby in my tummy.

NO! (that was Nora's answer)

Now, we would be thrilled and shout it from the rooftops if I actually did have a "sister baby" in my belly. But, I don't.

Truly. I don't.

So, if Elyn comes up to you and tells you that I have a baby in my belly, don't automatically assume that the extra roll around my mid-section is a growing child, it could actually just be fat.

I don't know where she came up with this...it is sweet though.

5 comments:

Amy said...

So Wednesday night at church a lady said to me, "You look great" while giving me the once over. It was totally the "you-look-great-for-a-pregnant-woman" comment. And yet I'm not. :( I assume she'll figure it out in a few months.

Deborah said...

At least no one has "patted" your belly yet. Now THAT would be awkward.

amy said...

LOVE it! When and IF it ever DOES happen for us again (Lord willing) this lets me know we need to wait until we are ready to tell the world before we tell our little one! hee hee

Lisa said...

HAHAHAHA! That is so funny. She is such a cutie.

Sandi said...

Hilarious, Dallas. I had someone congratulate me a few months ago and this someone had never seen me pregnant before. I was REALLY disappointed because I had lost a lot of weight and for once didn't worry that someone WOULD think I was pregnant. She felt awful, of course, and it was a big misunderstanding because there are several in our small group who are pregnant and her husband was the one mixed up. Oh, well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails