Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Weekend guests...part 2

We woke up Sunday morning, after a long night at Beauty and the Beast, a little bleary-eyed.

Elyn slept for about 2 hours total on Saturday night. To say the night was miserable would be a true understatement...it was much worse than miserable.

(Side note: The house that we really like has sold...Bummer. HOWEVER, on Saturday night when I made multiple trips back and forth from our room to Elyn's room I was thanking God that we did not get the other house. It had two stories and I think I would have died from crawling up and down the stairs all night.)

Well, come to find out, our night wasn't the only one that was miserable. My mom, cousin Julie and her little boys stayed in a hotel while they were here. On Saturday night, after B and B, Bailey threw up all night long. Poor guy! The only person that got any sleep was Blake, he was in his pack and play in the other room and never heard a thing.

Needless to say, my family wasn't able to join us for church. We were going to meet at a restaurant after church and eat but Elyn was LOSING it as soon as we got in the car. I called my mom and asked her to just pick up lunch.

The second we walked through the door I put Elyn in her bed and I think she was snoring before I even left the room.

The day was a relaxing one...for most everyone...

On Monday, we got to experience the real reason for the visit...Nora and Elyn's school programs!
We never what to expect with our girls...will they perform? Will they act like clowns? Will they sing out the loudest?
I don't think we ever have to worry about either one of them being a stage hog.
Here is Elyn and her little class. I have a video of them singing, but will try and post that later.
This is how she sat throughout the ENTIRE time her class was on stage. Hand in mouth.
"Hey, I know you...you with the camera...I'll take my hand out of my mouth for you!"
Then it was Nora's turn...walking onto the stage.
That is her "shy/embarrassed" face. She did not make eye contact with us the entire time.
Some of her friends...
She did perform, but she was very timid about it. Check out the kid in the background...it's like he's rolling his eyes, saying, "Come on already...enough!" Hilarious!
Leaving the stage.
We went to visit the girls' rooms after the program was over. They needed to say goodbye to my mom, cousin and her boys and Grandpa (Matthew's stepdad drove over for the program).
Here is Nora and her class:
And her teachers...

We weren't able to get any pictures of Elyn in her class...she was a little overwhelmed by us being there.

(Side note numero dos...After school I took the girls to the doctor's office (again). Turns our Nora has an ear infection (surprise!) and Elyn has a "whopping" double ear infection. Sigh.)

Thank you family for coming to visit! The big question is...will Nora perform for her ballet recital in a few months or stand on stage? Stay tuned to find out!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails