Friday, June 11, 2010

Hi

We just got home from a week long trip to Texas.

Well, the girls and I went...Matthew had to stay here and finish up teaching and start a new class that he is taking.

Nora has her first (and possibly last) dance recital tomorrow. My family and Matthew's family are coming for the big event.

I went to get a massage tonight. I was getting out of bed this morning and reached for Elyn (she happened to be lying on the floor right beside me throwing the biggest fit you have ever seen in your life). When I reached down, I oh-so-carefully grabbed for her arm and pulled a muscle in my back. Awesome.

I could not move.

Hi, my name is Dallas and I am 33 and I hurt my back picking up my child. I'm old.

Anyway, I got a massage out of the pain. I'm still in pain though.

While we were in Texas, the girls got to take tennis lessons (presh!) and swimming lessons. They did pretty remarkable at both. Nora continues to amaze me with what she can do. She learned how to dive to the bottom of the pool (with a little shove) and retrieve a dive stick. She also swam the entire week flotation device free. I am so proud of her.

Oh, and Elyn did put her face in the water three times....that is a huge accomplishment too!

Mostly, though, Elyn made the week extremely difficult for me.

I was absolutely exhausted bringing her home tonight. I was so glad to deposit her in the arms of her daddy. She is testing me to the extremes lately.

At times it is like she is almost demon possessed. She is uncontrollable and inconsolable. It's wearing on me.

Sigh.

It's a stage, it's a stage, it's a stage....that's what I keep telling myself.

So, I'm off to bed to re-energize.

Pictures to come!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails