Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend...day three

On Memorial Day, our last day in St. Louis, we headed to The Magic House.

Uh...may...zing!!!!!

We had several people tell us about the city museum, and while I am sure that is a fabulous museum, The Magic House was perfect for our girls and the age they are at.

As soon as we walked in, it was non-stop entertainment...non-stop. First up, musical play.
Then, we went up to the roof and girls got to plant vegetables in a garden.
We headed back down (because it felt as if it were 100 degrees on the roof) to a reuse, renew, recycle exhibit. The girls were in HEAVEN! The first thing they walked into was a miniature house.
Good job, girls. Sort that laundry.
Elyn helped make some compost for the garden.
And Nora washed some vegetables.
Next, we headed for the miniature farmer's market for the girls to do some shopping.
And then they tested out a smart car...apparently you don't have to be 16 to drive one of these.
Even though it's a smart car, you still have to put a little gas in it.
Then we headed over to the recycling center...
Elyn wore this cape the entire time we were at this exhibit. It shows she has recycling super powers.
the last stop in this exhibit was the goodwill store (they called it consignment).
We spent about 45 minutes in that exhibit and definitely could have stayed longer, but we knew there was a ton more to do, so off we went.
We ended up in the "electricity/magnet" section of the house.
Like she stuck her finger in a light socket....
I include this picture only to let you know that I woke up Monday morning not feeling very well. I can tell in my face that I am barely hanging on and wish I was in bed. I tried to keep a good attitude though...
Then it was down the twirly slide to the next part of the house.
Look, two Nora's...
And those are Elyn's hands...one fake, one real.
The next section is specifically designed for children 1-6. It's like a little town with everything in teeny-tiny form. This was the BEST!
Sand play...
Nora crossing over to the next station.
matthew caught Elyn on the ground looking at something...
It was a mouse hole with a view of a mouse house!
Water play...
Do you see his hair? Interesting, huh? You think it's for some sort of religious belief that he has it uber long in the front and buzzed in the back?
Next up, the grocery store...
The tiny house...
The library...
The Pizza Place...
the math area...Matthew's favorite...
And one last climb on the beanstalk before we called it a day...
We got there about 10:15 and left at 1:00. It was activity the entire time we were there. I wish we could have had an entire day to spend. We didn't even make it to the basement level or the outdoor areas. We LOVE The Magic House.
On Monday, it was also our seventh anniversary! Sadly though, I felt horrible and didn't care much for celebration. Regardless, it has been a great seven years. I can't imagine doing this life with anyone else. I love Matthew so much and he is the BEST father to our girls. He is loving, supportive, caring, Godly, and my best friend.

So, there you have it...our Memorial Day Weekend trip to St. Louis. I hope to go back again one day and see the other 756 things we missed out on during this trip. I have still been feeling badly and actually asked Matthew to take a half day of school today to help me. I'm not feeling 100% by any means but I think I am feeling well enough to try and venture out of the house tomorrow. Big day :).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm coming out of the blog lurking closet. Been reading your blog for a while and think your posts are very entertaining. I'm Betsy's sister and was in Zeta Rho with you and know Matthew from the Rine's Bible Study. Just letting you know you made a wise decision on choosing the Magic House over the City Museum. The City Museum will be great for them in about 5-10 years, but there is nothing like the Magic House at this age! Next time you head this way, contact me or let Betsy know and we can hook you up with free passes or discounts to some places!

Kathryn said...

I love the Magic House! I went there when I was young and still remember that electricity-thing that makes your hair stand on end! Looks like you had a great mini-vacation. Hope you are feeling better!

Danielle Balentine said...

The Magic House looked like soooo much fun! Sorry you felt so bad. You could see it in your eyes that you didn't feel good. I ventured over and looked at your Memorial Day pics from 2007. Wow! Can you believe how far you have come? You were a trooper to go camping prego, by the way. :) Love ya!

Karie said...

Oh Dee, I'm so excited you had fun in St. Louis. Marc's parents live there and we LOVE visiting! My kids could spend days at the Magic House and Zoo. Marc's dad is all about coupons and I don't think we have ever paid full price for anything! St. Louis is the best family big city!! Our kids also LOVED the City Musem, but you have to be ready to hang with them...so many places to go and all kinds of directions! We will be there July 16-19 and that weekend the Cardinals have a Christian family day after the game. Always feel free to stay with Marc's parents if you want to save some pennies when you go...they are close to the city and have LOTS of space at their house. They love visitors!! It was fun looking at all the pictures!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails