Friday, July 16, 2010

Grrrrrrrrr....

Tonight I got a text from my sister-in-law asking me if I had sent an email with a link.

Um, no.

I quickly clicked on my email to see what was up.

Nothing in my inbox. Nothing in my sent folder. Let's look at the "trash" folder.

Oh my goodness.

There were about 20 emails that had been sent out in the past 5 minutes.

20 emails, each one sent out to about 4-7 addresses.

MY ENTIRE CONTACT LIST.

Awesome.

Apparently, I had been "hacked".

I quickly replied to each one of those emails begging the recipients NOT TO OPEN their emails from me. I can only imagine the havoc that has been reeked on my friends/acquaintances/random people who I have email addresses for.

So frustrating!

I have since changed my password and am hoping that does the trick.

1 comment:

Holly Aytes said...

That is so frustrating! I too got "hacked" one day last week. I changed both my email password and my facebook password since they are linked. So far I haven't heard from anyone that they received a virus so hoping no one does.

Related Posts with Thumbnails