Monday, July 26, 2010

It's about $50 a gallon


This is a picture of me (and the backside of a car salesman) at the Fayetteville Auto Park.
Nope, not buying a new car.
Getting a car fixed.
I dropped my girls off with my mom last night so that Matthew and I could have an uninterrupted week of work on the "project".
We switched cars.
I had to stop and get gas about 2 minutes after I left her. I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize that there was ZERO gas in the tank.
I panicked a little and asked the GPS to show me the nearest gas stations. The closest was 2 miles away. GREAT!
I drove to the backwoods gas station where they still do things the "full-service" way.
I multi-tasked and balanced my checkbook while "Bubba" was pumping my gas and stressed a little, "Am I supposed to tip him? I don't think I have ever gotten gas at a full service station...tip or no tip?"
No tip. Hindsight...I should have tipped.
Anyway, as I was driving away it sounded as if gravel was spinning off of my tires. I thought, well, I did just drive on the backroads, it probably IS just gravel spinning off of my tires.
TWO HOURS LATER the gravel is still spinning off of my tires. It's obviously not gravel...it's the engine.
I called the Auto Park to see if I could drop my mom's car off and have them look at it before I destroy it.
About 30 minutes BEFORE I make it to the Auto Park, a HUGE white cloud of smoke comes pouring out of the back of the car and it dies.
Awesome. It's 90 degrees outside.
Thankfully, my mom has a "full-service" insurance plan for her car.
Thirty minutes after my "911" call to road side assistance, a tow-truck picks me up and drops me off at the front door.
After an initial look at the car, it is determined that DIESEL GAS was put in my car.
Hello? This is an SUV not a big rig.
Sigh.
Moral...pump your own gas.

1 comment:

Holly Aytes said...

Oh my! I am sure that wasn't a good thing to happen to the car. does anything have to be done to fix the car? Will the gas station cover the cost to fix the car? Hope you enjoy your week of work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails