Monday, August 02, 2010

weekend with the girls

Going back to last weekend…two full days with my college girlfriends.

Here we are on bid day, 1995.  Wouldn’t it be great if we ALL got together again?

bid day

The first “out of towners” started arriving at about 11am.  Those of us that were in town met at a yummy salad/sandwich place called “The Green Bean”.

 IMG_0006

Karie HATES green beans and wasn’t real excited about eating at a place named after her most hated veggie.  Ha ha.  I assured her before we even went to the restaurant that they didn’t even serve the vile bean.

IMG_0005

Before we met the rest of our friends, we did something we rarely do…shop without kids.

IMG_0008 IMG_0009

Me and Joy…the “activity” directors.  Really, Joy was the HEAD director and I was the assistant.  We all hung out at her parents house and it was FABULOUS!

IMG_0011

Karie, Janna and Leslie

IMG_0012

Dinner party on the sun porch

 IMG_0013

Checking out Ashley’s Zeta Rho scrapbook (Ashley, Erin, Clair, Lyndsay and Leslie)

 IMG_0014

Janna “get the camera out of my face” Gustafson

 IMG_0016

Me and Karie…friends for 25 years-that’s quite a record!

IMG_0018

Self-timer picture…nice t-shirts, huh?

 IMG_0019

We decided that we all needed matching “function” type t-shirts.  Designed by Clair Patton and delivered by Janna G.  Saturday morning, we went to downtown Fayetteville to the Farmer’s Marker.  We were stopped by, at least 20 older people, questioning our “group”.

 IMG_0020

At the Farmer’s Market I saw the biggest dog EVER.  That thing takes up a lot of space.

 IMG_0023

Farmer’s Market

 IMG_0024 IMG_0026

After the morning at the Farmer’s Market, we went to see our friend, Michael Ann.  Her house is big and beautiful and there was plenty of room for all of us to hang out and laugh and play.

IMG_0027 IMG_0029  IMG_0032 IMG_0033

Michael Ann’s sweet baby boy, Crosby.

IMG_0030

For dinner that night, we went to Wasabi’s for sushi.  Clair and I split and we DEVOURED everything in sight.

IMG_0035

After dinner, we did something I might not have predicted we would be doing 15 years ago.  We found ourselves at a tattoo/piercing parlor…I know.  Three of my friends, Lyndsay, Jenny and Janna, were interested in nose rings.

 IMG_0040 IMG_0041

Then the lady behind the counter started explaining the process…

IMG_0042

After the explanation, it was down to two…

 IMG_0043

Lyndsay was out…but she did get bangs once she got back home.  In my book, that might be as big as a deal as getting a nose ring!

 IMG_0044

Jenny, excited!  About to get the nose ring.

IMG_0046

And, that is where my pictures end.  I know, disappointing!  Janna and Jenny both got nose rings and they are pretty cute.  I don’t think I could ever go through it after witnessing Janna get hers, but hey, you never know.

It was a fabulous weekend and I am already looking forward to next summer!

4 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Sounds like fun! Well except for the nose ring part....I have seen that done and don't want to experience it! Love the matching shirts...neat idea!

Ashley said...

As am I, Dallas. So much fun. Better with age, fo sho. Miss you already. Hopefully we can come to AR again real soon.

Sandi said...

I agree -- more haste, less speed.

Just kidding -- what's that all about?

Looks SOmuch fun. And I love Lyndsay's face as the nose-piercing person explains.

Karie said...

Just now checking out people's blogs! LOVED that weekend!! It was so fun and felt so good to catch up! Can't wait till the next get-together!! Love you DEE!

Related Posts with Thumbnails