Friday, January 07, 2011

The night Meemaw went ice skating

On the way to work this morning I heard that this was the last weekend that our local outdoor ice skating rink would be open.

Well, I had wanted to go when everyone was here at our house for Christmas but never brought it up because I knew that I would need to do some convincing to get everyone to go and I just didn’t have it in me.

I thought to myself, “Self, tonight is the perfect night to go.  The weather isn’t going to be too cold, we don’t have anything planned and we need a night out as a family.”

I sent Matthew a text that said, “Call me when you get a chance-love you!”  (I always add “love you”…because you know, I do love him.)

He called and WAS NOT excited about ice skating tonight.  Something about his knee.

Sigh.

But, guess what??????  We still went!  (I think it was the “love you” that was attached to the text that did it for me…probably)

We bundled up and hit the road.

The girls were pretty excited…

IMG_0026

See, Meemaw is super excited too!!!!  The walker kept Meemaw from falling on the ice her first few times around the rink.

IMG_0025

Look at the good sport tying up his laces (but there were not any ties)

IMG_0027

We got the younger Meemaw a walker for her first spin on the ice and she hated it!  She was all, “I’m so much younger than Nora, I don’t need a walker!  I can walk on my own!”

IMG_0028

So, she abandoned the walker and took off with her daddy on her own.  (Looks like the kid in front of her could really use the walker).

IMG_0030

Look at Meemaw…she’s so happy to be upright and on the ice.

IMG_0029IMG_0031_edited-1

Look who has decided to go out on her own-way to go youngster!

IMG_0032

And some blurry proof that I skated too.  And a video that shows Nora at the end of our little ice skating adventure.

IMG_0034

It really was a fun night and Matthew even enjoyed it…yea!!!!  I guess we’ll have to wait until next year to go, because you know, it was the last weekend.

2 comments:

TeamBortzfield said...

oh my that is so funny. You should have made her a handy walker cozy to hang on the front and hold her glasses, her kleenex, her emergency call button necklace and her cough drops. Maybe next year!

The Rickard 5 said...

They have decided that if the weather holds, they are going to keep it open until valentine's day. Now that I know I can get me a walker, maybe I will mention going to the family!

Related Posts with Thumbnails