Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Prayers

I have several things on my heart that I would like to share with my readers.  I ask that you pray for the families in each of these situations.

1. My friend, Tesney, and her husband have been in the process of adopting a little boy for almost 19 months now.  The little boy, Kirill, is from Russia and has Downs Syndrome.  He is a precious little boy and has an infectious smile.

This picture was taken when Tesney and her husband went to Russia this past summer to meet Kirill for the first time. 

IMG_0361

With adoptions from Russia, you have an opportunity to meet the child and then come back America and await news that a Russian judge has approved your case.

They have had several setbacks and found out today that the judge has taken their case into “review” until next week.  I encourage you to go to her website and place this family on your prayer list!

2. I do not personally know this family, but know quite a few mutual acquaintances.  She, along with her family, attend the church that I went to when I lived in Nashville, TN.

l_OuRYAkolDWWXBMbQ

Her name is Sara Walker.  She is 33 and married with two little boys. Last month, she gave birth to a stillborn little girl.  And recently found out that she has stage 4 colon cancer.  She has a caring bridge site set up and I ask that you go and sign her guest book and offer some encouragement.

3. Finally, a little boy died today at a local elementary school.  He was in fourth grade and, at the end of the day, a soccer goal post fell on him.

I do not know the little boy or his family, but I am very familiar with the school and some of the staff.  The principal at his school is one of my close friends and I cannot imagine how she is feeling right now.  I cannot imagine how the family of the little boy is feeling tonight and how they will get through the next few days/weeks/months.  It is heartbreaking and makes us immediately ask, “why?”.

As for the “why”…we will never know.  But we do need to always remember that God is still God-no matter what!

Please keep these three families in your prayers over the next day and weeks.  I know they will be encouraged by your prayers!

2 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

I will definitely add those to my prayers. We actually go to church with Sara Walker's brother, Michael and I just feel so sorry for that family...that is so much to go through in such a short time.

abc said...

Thanks for pointing me to these people in need of prayer. I had somehow lost contact with Tesney's blog and while they were still (sometimes) in my thoughts and prayers I am glad they are back in the forefront and that I know of specifics to pray about. Thanks. Hope the Bentonville community is rallying around the little boy's family and school.

Related Posts with Thumbnails