Monday, February 21, 2011

Valentine’s Day

Ahhhh, playing the game of catch up!  Let’s start with Valentine’s Day (although I still have snow day videos to catch up with-oh well)

But speaking of snow days…

on one of our recent snow days, the girls decorated their Valentine boxes:

Nora chose Scooby Doo valentines, not because she is a big fan (I don’t know if she has ever seen an episode…I know, she is deprived) but because boys and girls like Scooby Doo!  I was impressed that she was thinking of others (not always an everyday thing-ha!) and not choosing Barbie or princess themes because that is what SHE likes.

IMG_0872

Filling out her Valentines…

IMG_0870

Her decorated box…

IMG_0874

She drew a princess on the bottom of the box…had to get a princess in somehow-ha!

IMG_0875

And I didn’t get any pictures of Elyn’s box…I’m so sorry Elyn!  More fuel for therapy.

The girls took these little heart shaped brownies to their friends…

IMG_0908

My two little “love bugs” on February 14th…

IMG_0079

At Nora’s school on Valentine’s Day, all of the preschool kiddos got to go on a field trip to a local fun game/pizza place.  Nora was so excited!  Since she goes to a private school, there are no buses or methods of transportation.  So, the parents drive!  I was able to drive Nora and her friend, Hadlee.  They were pretty funny talking on the way over!

IMG_0081

Once we got there, this is about all I saw of Nora…the back of her head running, surrounded by friends.

IMG_0082IMG_0087

A rare picture of her coming towards me.

IMG_0083

Sweet Hadlee…

IMG_0085

After all the playing it was time for pizza and decorating cookies:

IMG_0098IMG_0102IMG_0103IMG_0104

It was a fun field trip and Nora fell fast asleep on the ride back to school…a success!

That night, Matthew had to work and I did not feel like cooking.  My energy level is decreasing by the week…hopefully nesting will kick in soon!

The girls and I decided to treat ourselves to a “romantic” dinner at Chick Fil A (along with most of the other people in our town-it was packed!)

IMG_0910

Each table was complete with candle light, flowers and linen table cloths-fancy!

IMG_0911

It was a very relaxed Valentine’s Day!  Matthew brought us each a rose and they have been our centerpiece for our table ever since.

I am so thankful for my 3 loves!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails