Monday, May 30, 2011

End of the school year

Both of the girls had their end of the school year programs last week.  It’s hard to believe that their school year is done and I don’t have to drive 25 minutes to take them to school any longer-ha!  Even though the drive was a beating, it was so worth it!  We loved both of the schools the girls went to and are saddened that they won’t be attending them in the fall.

Even harder to believe though is that this was Nora’s last year of preschool…I do not even want to think about how I will cry on her first day of kindergarten (once I get back to the car, of course).  Her year at Life Way Christian School has been amazing.  She loved, loved, loved her teacher and got to be such good friends with all of the kids in her class.  I will say, I cried on her last day.  Was it hormones?  Probably.  But, I am still sad that she won’t be able to go there for kindergarten.

Her program was so cute and she has already taught all of us one of the songs that she sang.

Walking into the program and spotting Matthew (I was in the back row feeding Rives (6 days old)…she couldn’t see me).

IMG_0018_edited-1

Walking in, waving at all of the parents

IMG_0019_edited-1

She was one of the shorter ones in her class-ha!

IMG_0025_edited-1

All the boys and girls

IMG_0026IMG_0026_edited-1

Her class, receiving their certificates

IMG_0029_edited-1

Getting hers…

IMG_0030_edited-1

We had a picnic lunch afterwards…it was originally scheduled to be outside, but it was pouring down rain, so it was moved indoors.

IMG_0033

Nora and Mrs. Ostrand…we will miss her!

IMG_0036

Later that week, it was time for Elyn’s program.  She has loved her time at school this year!  Most days, she was sad when I came to pick her up.  She loved her friends and LOVED her teacher!  I think it will be a shock to her system to be home with boring ol’ me this summer.  She learned a ton and has amazed us all year by the things she has picked up on and brought home to share.

When we got to Elyn’s program we realized that the big camera was out of battery power and the card on the flipcam was full…mom of the year.  Thankfully I had my little camera in the diaper bag and it salvaged the night.  I should mention that Rives was 10 days old at this point (that’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it-ha!)

Here is the back of Elyn’s head, waiting with her friends for the program to begin:

100_0026

The 3-year-old and 4-year-old classes…they did such a great job singing all of their songs!

IMG_0070_edited-1

Getting her certificate from Miss Miranda…she loves Miss Miranda and so do we!

100_0028100_0029IMG_0509

Elyn and all the kids and staff…such a sweet group!

IMG_0507

What a great school year for both girls!  I am looking forward to our summer though…our last summer before “real life” begins with our sweet kindergartener…sniff, sniff.  Sunrise, sunset.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails