Monday, May 13, 2013

Mom and Nora day

 While Nora was on her May break, she had to come to school with me one day.  I was worried she would be bored, but she entertained herself with books and movies on the iPad.  She also colored a million pictures and enjoyed talking to me.

 At the end of the day, I put her to work, cleaning tables and reading to some kiddos.
 When Matthew got off work, he came to pick her and Elyn up and Nora started crying.  I didn't understand why she was throwing a fit because she had been so good and happy all day long.  Matthew took her aside and told her to get it together and after talking to her for a few minutes figured out that she was sad our day together was over.  Well, that made me cry.  Ugh.  I can understand wanting to spend time all alone with someone and it not happening.  I told Matthew to leave her with me and we would go eat together.

As soon as I told her that, tears were done and she was happy again.  Break my heart!  She just needs more one on one time with me and Matthew.  Being the oldest is hard sometimes!

I let her choose where she wanted to eat and she chose "the fire place" aka Shoguns.  Yummy!


I love my time with this girl!  She is getting so big and growing so fast and I cannot believe that she is almost 7 1/2!  I need her to stay my little girl and WANT to spend time with me, all by herself.  What a blessing she is to me!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails